Pride Minutes

Exec Meeting

Monday, November 8, 2010

12:05 PM, SUB 211

 

In attendance: Abby, Alejandro, Aria, Carlos, Cindy, Daniel, JJ, Kendall, Kevin, Lesley, Richard, RJ

 

Agenda

  1. Vote in new On the QT Coordinator

  2. Red Cross: A Story to Tell

  3. Volunteer Appreciation (Seamus)

  4. Resource Groups Open House

  5. Equity Fair (Alejandro)

  6. Pride Promotions (Richard) sex with your advisors: no backdrop.

  7. GLOW Co-Coordinator (Seamus)

  8. Ubyssey Article

  9. Final notes

 

Action items

  • Vote by hands to vote by secret ballot for On the QT Coordinator

  • Voted in new On the QT Coordinator

 

Discussion

  1. Vote in new On the QT Coordinator

    • Vote by hands to vote by secret ballot

      • 8 approved, 1 opposed, 2 abstained

    • Daniel nominates RJ Sumi, Kendall seconds

      • RJ: Does not have prior experience, but has attended every OTQT meeting and has consistently attended GLOW and LFF.

    • Daniel nominates Aria Cheng, Kendall seconds

      • Aria: Some prior experience in facilitation and has attended the Pride facilitation training workshop.

    • Vote:

      • RJ: 8 approved

      • Aria: 1 approved

      • 2 abstained

  2. Red Cross: A Story to Tell

    • Approached by Red Cross to promote Pride UBC at “A Story to Tell,” presenting stories from immigrants in the LGBTQ community.

    • November 23 at the Vancouver Public Library

    • Both Outreach Co-Coordinators will find volunteers for the event.

  3. Volunteer Appreciation (Seamus)

    • Please send us ideas for volunteer appreciation events, such as a potluck.

    • Informal vote to form a small committee to printing Pride UBC T-shirts

      • Collection of designs and organization of printing will be an ongoing process.

  4. Resource Groups Open House

    • Wednesday, November 10 from 5-8 PM, SUB 245

    • Exec members are encouraged to attend and answer any questions.

  5. Equity Fair (Alejandro)

    • Faculty of Engineering will be having an Equity Fair in January.

    • Alejandro will send Co-chairs the dates so volunteers can set up a Pride booth.

  6. Pride Promotions (Richard)

    • Missing a comprehensive display board that can be used at booths promoting Pride.

    • Richard will be creating a new display board with our mission statement and events.

    • Totally-Queer-Thursdays and Outreach may be able to help.

      • Send feedback or ideas to Richard or Aria.

  7. GLOW Co-Coordinator (Seamus)

    • Seamus would like to have a co-coordinator for GLOW.

    • Email will be sent out and a reminder in QTW.

  8. Ubyssey Article

    • Review of unfavourable article in regards to the Resource Groups in the Ubyssey

    • Both Pride and the Resource Groups have sent letters to the editor.

    • Issues with availability:

      • Office hours and exec contact list will be posted on the Pride office door.

      • Website needs to be updated for exec members. Remind exec to send in pictures.

  9. Final notes

    • Abby: It’s sunny outside!

    • Date and time: Monday, November 15, 2010 at 12 PM

    • Location:  SUB 211

    • Agenda:  None

 

Meeting adjourned at 12:43

 

Next Meeting

  • Date and time: Monday, November 15, 2010 at 12 PM

  • Location:  SUB 211

  • Agenda:  None