In attendance: Allen, Andrew, Daniel, Kendall, Kevin, Martina, Richard E.

 

Agenda

  1. Bookings for Outweek

  2. Friday’s beer garden

  3. Continuity reports

  4. Gay and Lesbian Liberation front of Africa of Seattle

  5. Outweek

Action items

  • None

 

Discussion

  1. Bookings for Outweek

    • Party room and ballroom are still unavailable on weeknights excluding the bash

    • Kendall will try to work something out for bookings

    • Tuesday: need the room for four hours for Positive Space training session

    • YouthCO would also like to collaborate on Outweek

  2. Friday’s  beer garden

    • Allen: beer garden has not been promoted enough. Lack of postering

    • Suggestion: start promotions two week in advance

    • Open up communication between social coordinators and publicity coordinator

    • A checklist of tasks for all social events would be very helpful

  3. Continuity reports

    • Keep future reports on a Google doc accessible to all exec members

    • Possibly post a simplified version of each position on the website

  4. Gay and Lesbian Liberation Front of Africa of Seattle

    • Africa Awareness Iniative, Colour Connected, SJC and Access & Diversity are on board as co-sponsors

    • Next term during Outweek: Thursday night before the bash

    • Access and Diversity is still looking for a venue

    • Selling tickets: proceeds will go to a charity

    • Prices: may consider a sliding scale

  5. Outweek

    • Academic Panel: call has gone out, but may have too many applicants within a two hour limit. Posters can be displayed by anyone who was unable to present during the academic panel at the wine and cheese.

    • Tickets: physical tickets should be sold for the entire month of January by all exec members. Physical tickets will give us a more accurate headcount. Possibly have a joint ticket booklet for both the wine and cheese and bash for $12.

    • $8 early tickets. $10 the night of the bash.

    • Timeline: helpful to have a timeline of what tasks should be finished by when to keep us on track.

    • Promotions: separate posters, emails and event promotion for the entire week. The full program will also be in the Pride Ubyssey edition.

    • AMS Catering: Allen is able to take care of catering and negotiate a discount. Nabil can organize the rest of the bash. Will consider paying Angie to make desserts for the bash.

    • Wine and Cheese: cash bar. Tickets for $5 including one free drink. All-ages event will happen at the same time as the wine and cheese ($100 for pizza).

    • Donations:Martina has a list of donors who might be interested in donating prizes. Also looking for water bottle donations.

    • Budget: at least $3000.

    • Final notes: a local film will be proposed for the film viewing. Outweek will have a 20’s style theme/Moulin Rouge, but it’s still in the brainstorming stage. Feedback would be appreciated!

 

Meeting adjourned at 2:45 PM

 

Next Meeting

  • Date and time: Monday, November 22, 2010 at 12 PM

  • Location:  SUB 211

  • Agenda:

    1. Beer Garden Results

    2. Establishing open dialogue within exec members

    3. Discussion on exec meeting format

    4. RGAC issues

    5. Social coordinator checklist

    6. VPD (Ryan)

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

If this website does not work with your browser, try to use an alternate browser such as Safari or Internet Explorer